It’s probably the most fantastic time of the yr (all issues thought of). With Biglaw bonuses about to start, the vacation season will quickly be off to an amazing begin. Now that we’re formally dwelling in a “publish”-COVID world, legislation agency vacation events are prone to be held in actual life, however the entire celebrations and hefty paychecks pale compared to what’s about to get underway: Above the Regulation’s fourteenth annual vacation card contest. We’ve already obtained a number of emails asking about when this yr’s contest would begin. The reply: It begins as we speak.
We’re a authorized web site, so in fact there are some guidelines to comply with:
1. As a result of we’re dedicated to the setting right here at Breaking Media, we’ll contemplate ONLY E-CARDS. Please don’t ship us paper vacation playing cards through snail mail this yr — the Above the Regulation editorial crew hasn’t been in our bodily workplace a lot since March 2020.
2. To submit an e-card, please electronic mail both a hyperlink to the cardboard or the cardboard itself (as an attachment) — however be aware that WE PREFER LINKS, if obtainable — to firstname.lastname@example.org, topic line: “Vacation Card Contest.” The topic line is essential as a result of it’s how we’ll comb by our inbox to gather the entries when selecting finalists. In the event you don’t use the right topic line, anticipate a lump of coal in your stocking.
3. Please restrict submissions to vacation / Christmas playing cards that you just view as WORTHY CONTENDERS. We’re searching for playing cards which are unusually intelligent, humorous, or cool; we’re not fascinated with playing cards which are protected or boring (e.g., a wonderful winter panorama, a “Joyful Holidays 2022,” and the legislation agency identify). We’re searching for playing cards with some perspective, with that additional je ne sais quoi. In the event you ship us a banal card, don’t be shocked if we make enjoyable of it.
4. In your electronic mail, please embrace a BRIEF EXPLANATION of why this card is compelling — a proof that we MIGHT QUOTE FROM in case your nominee makes the finals (if you wish to be nameless, tell us). In the event you can’t provide a proof, please rethink whether or not the cardboard is a worthy contender (see rule #3, supra).
5. The deadline for submissions is three weeks from as we speak: THURSDAY, DECEMBER 8, at 11:59 p.m. (New York time). No exceptions. In the event you’re studying this publish after the deadline, then you definately don’t learn Above the Regulation regularly sufficient.
We sit up for your submissions. Thanks, and glad holidays!
Staci Zaretsky is a senior editor at Above the Regulation, the place she’s labored since 2011. She’d love to listen to from you, so please be at liberty to electronic mail her with any suggestions, questions, feedback, or critiques. You possibly can comply with her on Twitter or join along with her on LinkedIn.