There’s one thing to be stated for spending hours within the kitchen making a memorable meal. And there’s a complete lot extra to be stated for making a satisfying, nutritious meal in solely half an hour!
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit tutorial medical middle. Promoting on our web site helps assist our mission. We don’t endorse non-Cleveland Clinic services or products. Coverage
This chickpea soup with pasta and greens will get its wonderful flavors from an array of plant meals. Together with creamy, filling chickpeas, you’ll discover colourful veggies like celery, carrots, kale and tomatoes. Flavors from onion, garlic, rosemary and purple pepper pair deliciously with whole-wheat pasta.
For sure, there’s no scarcity of vitamins and fiber on this dish. However what you’ll bear in mind greatest are its pleasing flavors and textures, the glad smiles of everybody at your desk and the brief half-hour it took to make it!
- 2 tablespoons further virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed purple pepper flakes
- 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chopped recent rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly floor black pepper
- 1 cup small whole-wheat soup pasta
- 15-ounce can (no salt) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups coarsely chopped recent kale
- In a big pot, warmth the oil over medium-high warmth. Stir within the onion, cowl tightly, and prepare dinner for five to six minutes, stirring sometimes, till softened. Stir within the celery, carrots and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Cook dinner, coated, for five to six minutes, stirring sometimes, till softened. Take away the lid and prepare dinner for about 5 extra minutes, stirring usually, till the greens begin to caramelize. Stir within the garlic and purple pepper flakes and prepare dinner, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, rosemary, pepper and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and prepare dinner, stirring, for two minutes. Add 5 cups of water and let come to a boil.
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and place over excessive warmth. Let come to a boil. Cook dinner the pasta in line with the package deal instructions; drain.
- Add the chickpeas and kale to the soup and prepare dinner for 3 to 4 minutes, till the kale is tender. Stir within the pasta and serve.
Dietary info (per serving)
Makes 4 servings
Complete fats: 7 g
Saturated fats: 1 g
Protein: 5 g
Carbohydrate: 24 g
Dietary fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 9 g
Added sugar: 0 g
Ldl cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 323 mg
— Developed by Sara Quessenberry for Cleveland Clinic Wellness.